It’s been a while since my last post but I have been busy sewing, just been a bit useless at blogging about my makes! However, I am a little bit in love with this one and as soon as the sun was shining I managed to get some pictures of my new dress.
I found this adorable floral print a while ago and knew that it was destined to become another Sew Over It vintage shirt dress. I’ve made this pattern up several times now and I love it! The only adjustment I need to make to is to add an extra couple of inches to the bodice length so that it sits on my natural waist. Other than this small change it fits me straight out of the packet.
The fabric was a little too lightweight to use on it’s own so I fully lined the dress with a plain blue cotton before adding the facings and bias binding. Want a peek?
The process was pretty simple, just cutting out two dresses and omitting the collar area on the lining fabric. I didn’t use darts in the lining but used pleats instead so that there would be plenty of ease inside.
It looked so lovely and neat on the inside after adding the binding that I was intent on hand stitching the armhole linings to make it perfect both inside and out! The lining gives the skirt a little more structure and gives the dress a retro vibe.
Then it was back to the vintage button stash to pick out the perfect buttons!
I’m so pleased with this frock! Lining it did take a little while but the results are so worth it!
and it goes with my favourite vintage shoes – result!!
Until next time…