I had a lovely surprise today after a hot and tiring day at work – I came home to find I had been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. A BIG thank you to the lovely Jane over at Jane Makes who has been inspired by two of my Summer creations, the Brighton Rock skirt and my new favourite bunny skirt that I completed earlier this week. As you have probably guessed, I am extremely flattered to receive this honourable award and I am even more flattered that some of you lovely sewing folk actually read these posts!
The rules of the Award are as follows :
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Display the award logo in a blog entry
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do
- State seven hidden facts about yourself OR three things that inspire you.
- Nominate other blogger friends for the award.
Right, that’s rules 1,2 and 3 taken care of!
Rule 4 – 7 Hidden Facts:
1. I’m frightened of spiders.
2. I can’t watch a horror movie (I know, it’s pathetic!)
3. I’m a proud Morris dancer and I love it!
4. I play music and sing with my family at every opportunity!
5. Mad Men and Game of Thrones are my favourite TV shows – EVER!
6. I ran a marathon 2 years ago.
7. I can only go to sleep after I’ve been reading.
Rule 5 – Nominations:
I would like to nominate clarindakaleidoscope for a truly wonderful blog. Her Frida dress is amazing and she has the largest collection of Sorbettos on the block (well, you can never have enough of these!) My fave is the Chirpy, Chirpy Cheep Cheep – isn’t it gorgeous? It’s these beauties that inspired my to make one myself a few weeks ago.
I would also like to nominate Rachel over at Sew RED-y. Her many Monetas are stunning, but her blue brocade Khaleesi dress is just beautiful. I am inspired by her vision and imagination when it comes to colour and fabrics.
I have only recently discovered Mrs Fox’s Finery. This blog is packed with all things vintage – particularly from the 1950’s which is my favourite era. She recently made her own vintage style Daisy dress and it’s beautiful! Dresses from past years inspire me to sew and this fabulous lady is one to watch!
Of course, there are many more of you who inspire me greatly, but I would be here all night typing! This beautiful warm Summer evening will not be here forever and so I’m off to the garden for a Pimms!
Until next time…